EFCC Arrests Popular Socialite Cubana Chief Priest | See Details
Officials familiar with the matter said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, had arrested Cubana Chief Priest of the popular Nigerian social network on charges related to money laundering and tax evasion.
Pascal Okechukwu, his real name, was arrested at the Lagos airport on Thursday, but anti-graft officials hushed the development amidst pressure from his associates and family, who said the matter could complicate conditions for others likely connected to the alleged racket.
- Hagman DC Ft. Ajimovoix – Focus Dance
- VIDEO: Davido – La La ft. Ckay (Starring Jay Jay Okocha)
- American rapper, T-Pain apologizes to DJ Cuppy, Juliet Ibrahim, Phyno, and other celebrities whose DMs he didnt see
- Davido Celebrates His 3rd Baby Mama, Chioma On Her Birthday
- MUSIC: Burna Boy – Kilometre (Prod. by Chopstix)
Mr Okechukwu’s arrest has made it impossible for him to return birthday greetings from his nearly four million Instagram followers, this newspaper understands, with only his wife being permitted to see him in custody.
It was not immediately clear when he would be granted bail or the level of information officials had been able to squeeze from him as of Saturday night.
The matter is still under investigation,” a source said anonymously.
Cubana Chief Priest has gained nationwide acclaim as an ambassador for many national brands, including Bullet.
His arrest came weeks after another socialite Obi Cubana was arrested by the anti-narcotics agency NDLEA.